There are a lot of reasons why teeth discolor. It could be because of time, age, food and drinks stain, and smoking. Overtime, these could lead your teeth’s color to fade and become stained and yellow. If you have yellow stained teeth, you could be a good candidate for our teeth whitening procedure.
My Smile Family Dental offers teeth whitening cosmetic service. Whitening teeth should always be done under the careful supervision of a dentist or only upon recommendation so that they can rule out any underlying cause for the teeth discoloration. Our dentists will assist you in choosing the right whitening options that may help you get whiter teeth.
However, keep in mind that teeth whitening is not for everyone. You need to discuss with our dentists if you have the following:
- Discolored Teeth
- Sensitive Teeth
- Decay or white spots on your teeth
- Inflamed gums
- Bridge, crown or other dental works, especially if it involves the front teeth
If you are a candidate for teeth whitening, you can choose either dentist supervised treatment or over-the-counter (OTC) tooth whitening kit.
The dentist-supervised treatments provide better and faster tooth whitening results than OTC kits. There are two types of treatments available such as the in-office treatment that usually whitens teeth about 5 to 10 shades lighter in 45 minutes or the dentist-dispensed take home kit that features a higher concentration of whitening agent compared to the OTC teeth whitening kits.
Tips for Those with Sensitive Teeth
- Brush your teeth with high percentage Fluoride rich toothpaste or apply the same toothpaste to your custom tray and wear for 30 minutes before the whitening session.
- Chew sugar free gum to stimulate increased saliva production and balance the pH level in the mouth
- Avoid hot/cold food and drinks 24 to 48 hours after whitening session
Feel free to talk to My Smile Family Dental dentists for in-clinic assessment and determine which option works well for you.